Friday, September 7, 2007

How To Do Nothing

For me, today is day four of having both kids in school full-time. For the past 4 days, I have worked on my house trying to recouperate from the summer. I realized this morning that I have not made time just for me to do nothing. The kids' closests are organized, the drawers are in order--even under the bathroom cabinets are in order. All laundry up-to-date, floors cleaned, etc. Today, I carved out some time to do nothing. I started by scrolling through TIVO to catch up on a few shows I have missed this summer, but then I soon found myself dozing and did not stop myself. About 45 minutes later, I was myself again and back on my feet. And, boy did I need that. I cannot remember the last nap I had. When dh arrived home from work, he asked what I did today, and I was so quick and pleased to announce to him, 'nothing.' How do you do nothing? For me, it means turning the television on and losing complete focus. I love it.

No comments: